Leadership Sacramento is accepting applications for it’s 2019 Class Project Beneficiary. In its 34th year, Leadership Sacramento is a program of the Metro Chamber Foundation that develops community-minded business and civic leaders of tomorrow. This year-long interactive program provides a behind-the-scenes view of the issues that impact the region’s economy. Leadership Sacramento is available to a limited number of participants each year, with monthly day-long sessions and culminates in the completion of a community service project to benefit a regional nonprofit organization, project, or cause.
Past projects have included:
- Habitat for Humanity: Implemented “Rock the Block” to make community repairs and improvements in local low-income neighborhoods.
- La Familia Counseling Center: Created a STEM lab for children and adults at La Familia’s Maple Neighborhood Center.
- Wellspring Women’s Center: Renovated outdated kitchen serving women and children in Oak Park with a nutritious breakfast, free counseling, enrichment classes, and safety net services.
- Courage Worldwide: Assisted organization focused on combating human trafficking with additional housing and services to support victims.
- Mustard Seed/Loaves & Fishes: Re-purposed a storage area to a multi-use room for children facing homelessness to learn life skills and explore future career paths.
- Boys & Girls Club: Renovated seven rooms at downtown teen center to include a dance studio, recording studio, technology lab and fashion design arts studio.
- Soil Born Farms: Developed and built an outdoor classroom and amphitheater to promote local agriculture for regional residents.