4203 Town Center Blvd
El Dorado Hills
Phone: (916) 350-7800
GRANT MAKING PROGRAM & FUNDING PRIORITIES
- Domestic violence systems
- Value-based care & patient engagement
- The remaining uninsured
- Care integration
To be eligible for a Blue Shield of California Foundation grant, organizations must also meet the following requirements:
- Have a mission consistent with the mission and goals of Blue Shield of California Foundation.
- Be a nonprofit and tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code (IRC) and defined as a public charity under 509(a) 1, 2, or 3 (types I, II, or a functionally integrated type III), or a governmental, tribal, or public entity.
- Have a reputation for credibility and integrity
- Primarily serve Californians
Funding is organized through the priority areas and requests are considered through the online Letters of Inquiry (LOIs). LOIs are accepted throughout the year.LOIs are reviewed on a rolling basis and should receive a response within 45 days. Consideration is based upon alignment with the Foundation’s mission, priorities, and current projects. Submitting an LOI is the best way to inquire about funding and share information about your work and organization.
Due to the high volume of inquiries received, feedback will not be provided prior to LOI submission.