The Nonprofit Risk Management Center provides clear, concise and credible information on risk management and insurance. Their services include:
- affordable, easy-to-read publications. (Some are free!)
- easy-to-use online tools that help you create sound policies, develop a risk management plan and more.
- Risk Management Essentials newsletter, which is distributed to thousands of nonprofits three times each year. Sign up for your free subscription.
- workshops at events and conferences sponsored by nonprofit organizations, umbrella groups and associations, and insurance
- an annual conference each fall.
- competitively priced consulting services, including risk assessments.
- free RISK HELP to our Affiliate Members.
This Foundation Center Grantspace Business Plans page offers information and links to a variety of resources.
LaPiana Associates offer these free resources.
View these Business Planning Tools for Nonprofits from SCORE.
National Council of Nonprofits Business Planning for Nonprofits offers resources and links.
The Compliance for California Nonprofits website outlines all of the reporting requirements for California nonprofit organizations with links and instructions.
Nonprofit Compliance Checklist from CalNonprofits will also help you keep track of your nonprofit’s yearly compliance responsibilities.
Read these resources to get grounded in the evaluation process:
“Evaluating the Executive Director,” Blue Avocado
“The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of 360 Degree Evaluations,” The Nonprofit Quarterly
Executive Evaluation and Compensation BoardSource
Examples of forms to use:
“Executive Director Evaluation Survey Form,” Blue Avocado
Sample Executive Director Performance Evaluation Form The Management Center
How do you know if your nonprofit is making a difference? The National Council of Nonprofits (Council of Nonprofits) has a collection of resources for self evaluation. You can access the site and these tools here.