Nonprofit organizations can apply now through March 31 for the CDA Foundation’s Dental Materials & Supplies Grant. In partnership with Henry Schein Cares, the program provides between $5,000 and $25,000 of in-kind goods per year for two years to selected organizations. These goods are deemed necessary for dental operations and oral health services.
Applicants that clearly demonstrate the following characteristics increase their chances of being selected:
- Relevance to the CDA Foundation’s mission
- Community-based or community-driven organization
- Demonstrates established partnerships and collaborations
- Ability to use and dispense a high volume of materials and supplies
- Provides programs to underserved and diverse clients
Also highly considered are federally qualified health centers and organizations in health- and dental-professional shortage areas.
The 2019 recipients will be notified in late October.
Since the grant’s inception in 2003, more than 170 nonprofit organizations have received more than $6.5 million in supplies, helping to allow the provision of dental care valued at $79 million. Assistance League of San Pedro — South Bay, San Fernando Valley Dental Society Foundation and Transitions — Mental Health Association in San Luis Obispo were among the 10 grant recipients selected in 2018.