Website Alchemist CDC
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Alchemist Community Development Corporation (CDC) is currently accepting applications for board members. We are a community nonprofit organization based in Sacramento that is looking for local leaders to further social justice and community-driven deliverables. This is a volunteer based position.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Time Demands:
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length (currently on the 3rd Monday of the month)
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers, Alchemist Microenterprise Academy (AMA) graduations, and garden work days, etc.
- Respond to emails and board correspondence (2-4 month)
- Make an annual financial gift to the organization or secure an amount that is significant to the individual board member (in order to achieve 100% board giving)
- Meet with potential donors/funders to make a case for funding the organization, discuss our programs. (approx. 4 hours annually)
- Secure sponsors or make introductions with potential funders
- Secure donated goods for fundraisers/raffles
Accounting, fundraising, strategic planning, community development, landscape architecture, environmental justice, construction and planning, public policy, and human resources and employment law.
Existing community connections to neighborhoods we serve including Oak Park, North Sacramento, South Sacramento and surrounding areas.