Website Breathe California Sacramento Region
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Breathe California is dedicated to promoting and achieving clean air in the Sacramento Region through innovative programs that help reduce harmful pollutants in our air quality. One such program is Our Community CarShare (OCCS). OCCS provides free, zero-emission electric vehicles to members at seven lower-income housing communities in the Sacramento Region. In January of 2020 we will be adding four additional sites to OCCS to include new communities and members into our program which now numbers over 425 active members! We are excited to provide education and awareness to community members about the clean air benefits of electric vehicles!
As an OCCS intern, you will help build upon two successful years of the OCCS program and help expand electric vehicle access in underserved communities. We are seeking passionate, and friendly individuals who enjoy working with diverse communities and who are patient and understanding towards community needs. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working with data entry, customer service, and event planning. Bilingual (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Russian or Farsi) applicants are a plus!
The OCCS intern can expect to work on the following activities:
Registrations, Data Entry and Research
- Utilize Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey to maintain the OCCS membership database
- Tracking responses rates to MailChimp and SurveyMonkey campaigns
- Updating Mailchimp with missing member contact information
- Participating in survey construction for OCCS post-trip, membership review and outreach surveys. Translating documents and/or finding appropriate translators for Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey campaigns. (Fluent Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Russian and Farsi speakers are highly encouraged to apply!)
- Monitor and analyze survey results
- Some work will include auditing financial data
- Applicant must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Assisting in research on electric vehicles, air quality, public transit, community engagement, and outreach
- Drafting minutes from stakeholder meetings and documenting OCCS activities
Designing Marketing Materials
- Applicants with previous design experience are preferred
Community Engagement and Outreach
- Previous customer service experience is a plus
- Applicant must be comfortable working within diverse communities, sometimes without supervision
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 25lbs
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Non-profit
- Management, Event Planning, or Communications
- Familiarity with design software (Adobe, Canva, Microsoft Publisher etc.)
- Familiarity with Google GSUITE
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Russian or Farsi)
This internship position is for one year (with room for growth), part-time, M-F at 30 hours per week. Pay is $15 an hour, plus health benefits. The position will start Tuesday, January 7th.
Application Instructions:HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected] in PDF format. Applicants without detailed cover letters, resumes or required experience will not be contacted. Applications are due Friday, December 6th.
Please ensure that you include the specific position for which you are applying. Breathe California Sacramento Region is an equal opportunity employer.