Website California State University, Sacramento
Description, Compensation and Benefits:COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time, exempt position. A competitive salary and generous employee benefits package will be offered. For additional information:
- Sacramento State: https://www.csus.edu/
- Sacramento State Jobs: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources
- Position Description: https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/search
- Sac State Benefits: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/
Qualifications and Job Requirements:THE POSITION
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) will develop and implement a comprehensive institutional fundraising program for Sac State to engage corporations and foundations more fully and to increase philanthropic support for the University. S/he will manage a portfolio of prospects, working in close partnership with university leaders, faculty, and staff to raise funds for the comprehensive campaign fundraising priorities. S/he will lead Sac State’s CFR fundraising initiatives in the University’s campaign by building and strengthening relationships and aligning corporate and foundation interests with university priorities. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for University Development, the CFR Director will work collaboratively with Directors of Development, university leadership, and faculty to leverage and maximize corporate and foundation giving.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible and successful experience in institutional fundraising within an academic or related nonprofit fundraising environment
- Demonstrated experience successfully negotiating corporate and foundation partnerships, preferably in an academic setting, and working closely with organizational leaders and staff to build mutually beneficial relationships with institutional funders
- Experience serving as a consultant to and collaborating with university leadership, faculty, and other constituencies on outreach, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for CFR prospects
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and formulating successful proposals that excite potential donors
- Experience building or strengthening a fundraising program through corporate and foundation support
- Demonstrated analytical, research, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated fundraising knowledge and success, including preparing, presenting, and securing foundation and corporate gifts of $100,000+
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge and understanding of foundation and corporate philanthropic sectors
- Collaborative and open to input and new ideas; comfortable and prefers working in a team environment, yet can work independently and is a self-starter
- Aptitude to understand complex research and related applications with proven ability to translate that information into dynamic corporate and foundation proposals
- Ability to work with deans and faculty on complex proposals
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the academic enterprise and the ability to articulate academic values internally and externally
- An ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with faculty, university leaders, staff, alumni, community groups, donors, and elected officials
- An ability to quickly learn university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and ability to effectively plan, coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proposal development skills
- Thorough understanding of gift management and stewardship policies
- High ethical standards and confidentiality in dealing with all constituencies
Ability to pass a background check and have a valid CA driver’s license
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree preferred
The Priority Review Date is December 15, 2019.
To be considered for this position, apply to the link below and include the following:
For More Information:
Andrea Weiss, M.S. [email protected]
About the Organization:ABOUT SACRAMENTO STATE
Sacramento State, affectionately called Sac State, is an outstanding comprehensive university within the 23 campus California State University system. Classrooms, labs, offices, and other facilities are nestled in a 3,500-tree urban forest alongside the American River. Sacramento is the state capital of California and is one of the most diverse cities in the nation.
Sacramento State is dedicated to access, academic excellence, and inclusion. Diversity among our students and employees enriches intellectual discussion inside and outside the classroom, promotes understanding across differences, and better enables the University community to respond to the needs of an increasingly diverse workforce and society. Sacramento State is committed to fostering in all its members a sense of inclusiveness by providing equal access to educational opportunities and a welcoming environment. We embrace each other’s strengths and differences through building campus unity. Sacramento’s exceptional cultural, artistic, and leisure opportunities help to enrich the city’s quality of life, contributing to a vibrant metropolitan region.
On the Rise: A Comprehensive Campaign
In 2015, Sac State launched the On the Rise comprehensive campaign with an ambitious goal to raise $200 million by 2023. The university is committed to doubling its current level of private support with a focus on three priorities: supporting students through increased financial aid and student programs; advancing knowledge through innovative learning approaches; and strengthening the larger Sacramento region. Sac State has university-wide fundraising priorities as well as college-specific priorities focused on capital improvements, scholarships, endowed chairs and professorships, and program initiatives that will improve the quality of student life and the mission of the university.