Website California Coverage & Health Initiatives
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Job Title: CCHI Program Assistant
Reports to: Contracts and Finance Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and program support to CCHI and its staff. The Program Assistant reports to the Contracts and Finance Manager and works directly with the Executive Director and the Programs Director to support the needs of CCHI and its members in the areas of advocacy, programs, etc. This is a 40 hours per week position, located in Sacramento, California. Temporary working from home because of the Pandemic. May require travel as needed. CCHI is a small team, collegial working environment.
The Project Assistant is a non-exempt position. This Non-exempt employee will work a 40 hour work week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to the Management Team in liaising and maintains necessary data, files and reports
- Answers phone and directs calls to staff
- Manages the logistics of CCHI’s monthly calendar and other special meetings
- Assist Contracts and Finance Manager in vendor payment processes
- Compiles and processes various reports (advocacy, purchase card, expense, other)
- Schedules meetings and conference calls
- Maintains a wide variety of HR manual, reports, electronic document files and records
- Assists in the coordination of office supply purchases
- Provides logistical support for CHAMPS and Day at the Capitol
- Assists in the development of meeting materials, including agenda, meeting summaries, action items, etc.
- Prepares a variety of Membership documents (e.g. correspondence & agendas)
- Assists in compiling and tracking grant reports and other deadlines for CCHI
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Job Requirements:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (oral & written forms) (Prefer)
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant experience required
- Minimum three years administrative and/or program experience in an advocacy, non-profit or consumer focused organization or company required
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in oral and written forms is required
- Ability to work independently, follow established time-lines and anticipate needs of association staff and members
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Self-starter and team player
- Enthusiastic, demonstrates a high degree of initiative, results-oriented
- Experience working with non-profits and/or coalitions is preferred
(CCHI) is a statewide outreach and enrollment association, whose efforts ensure that all California’s are able to easily and effectively navigate into health coverage and other health services. The association includes local Community Health Initiatives (CHIs) and outreach and enrollment organizations in most counties across California, representing where 95% of the state’s population resides.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at a computer for extended periods
- Move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Raising and lowering objects between 10-30 pounds (Audio visual equipment & outreach materials)
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Ability to Travel for program meetings/activities when necessary
- CCHI is a small team, collegial working environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Application Instructions:CONTACT INFORMATION: If interest in job position email a Cover Letter with Resume to [email protected].
CCHI, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.