Website Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
Description, Compensation and Benefits:The Engagement Communications Lead will be a key member of our team, working closely with colleagues to support a range of initiatives with a focus on promoting the organization, its activities and accomplishments, and its resources, including educational workshops, webinars, annual conference, materials, videos, and more. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills with a clean, clear writing voice; the ability to make complex information easy to understand; be sensitive to nuanced and political information; and have ability to adjust their writing voice to match the audience. This position will transform knowledge into engaging written communications and deliver it to the right audiences through the most effective distribution channels to get optimal results. This position will play a key role in CCCC’s continuing ability to be a thriving and impacful organization, viewed as a leader, innovator, key source, disseminator, and conduit of information on palliative and end-of-life care. This position offers a great opportunity for the right person – one who has excellent written communication skills and can write for multiple audiences, as well as experience with relationship development and maintenance, marketing, newsletters, websites, and social media.
During a typical day, the person in this position might create a newsletter or blog post, post on social media, update the communication calendar, participate in staff brainstorming meeting, pull data on a segment of membership and create messaging specifically for that group, and research potential sponsors and create communication to them.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Competencies
To be successful in this position, a motivated and enthusiastic individual should have experience with:
- Email communication and marketing
- Newsletters and Blogs
- Social Media
- Maintaining a communications calendar
- Website Maintenance
- Creating marketing collateral materials/articles
- Data segmentation and social media analytics
- Dissemination of information and materials
- Managing and driving a communications campaign
- Graphic design
- Team player, able to adapt and improvise to an ever-changing work environment
- Facility in communicating in different voices, based on the platform and audience
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to drive projects as well as manage other scheduled work
- Outstanding attention to detail; ability to organize and see projects through to completion
Application Instructions:To apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, a writing sample (such as a newsletter article or a blog post), and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.