Description, Compensation and Benefits:Get to know WEAVE!
Are you ready to help prevent violence in the community and make a difference in the lives of individuals and families? Are you passionate about working in an organization that believes and practices social justice? If the answer is yes, you could belong at WEAVE.
At WEAVE, our mission is to promote safe and healthy relationships and support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and sex trafficking. We envision a community free of violence and abuse.
About the Role
The Counselor will provide direct counseling services at selected WEAVE counseling sites.
What you will be doing:
Direct Client Services and Counselor responsibilities
- Provide individual and group counseling for children/youth/adults
- Provide internal and external referrals and resources
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete client documentation, per agency guidelines
- Identify, assess and report cases of suspected child abuse/neglect and elder abuse to Child Protective Services/ Adult Protective Services
- ASW or AMFT with current BBS registration
- Minimum of two years counseling experience working with children, youth and adults of various ages and backgrounds
- Experience working with domestic violence and sexual assault preferred
- Experience working with unserved and underserved communities
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Complete WEAVE’s 69-hour classroom training and peer counselor certification program (post-hiring requirement)
- Provide copy of valid California driver license, have reliable transportation, and submit current proof of vehicle insurance
- Satisfactory results from DOJ background check (post employment offer requirement)
- Compensation & Benefits: We offer competitive non-profit wages, provide employer paid medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with matching, and up to 13 paid holidays.
- Growth-Oriented: WEAVE encourages employees to explore new directions within the organization.
- Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
Application Instructions:WEAVE is committed to breaking the cycle of violence by educating the community to better understand the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault. If this type of work excites you, we would love for you to join us and become part of an organization that provides life-changing supportive services for survivors every day.
Link insert here: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.careers?ApplyToJob=369274715
Interested in learning more? Visit our website at: www.weaveinc.org