Website Courtyard Private School
Description, Compensation and Benefits:COURTYARD SCHOOL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Business Manager (new August 2019)
- Compensation: $50,000
- Health, dental insurance included
- 403 B Company contributions
Courtyard Private School seeks a dynamic Business Manager to work in a positive and rewarding school environment. The Business Manager is a critical partner with the Principal and Chief Executive Officer in leading all aspects of school management and strategic planning. Specific areas of responsibility include marketing and social media programs, fiscal operations and budget management, facilities management and operational programs including food service, front office, custodial and oversight of various external service providers and consultants. This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the Front Office Manager, Chef, Custodian and occasional part-time staff or consultants who provide support to these functions.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Personal Background Qualifications (preferred qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or school administration in a school or non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing and social media programs.
- Proficiency and knowledge of best practices in administration, finance, budgeting, human resources, and facilities management.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to work collaboratively within a culturally diverse workforce and constituents from varying backgrounds and perspectives.
- Supervisory experience.
1. Management and Leadership
- The Assistant Principal and Business Manager, working closely with the Principal/CEO, has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the school.
- Propose, develop, update, and support operational practices and policies in a manner consistent with good judgment and sound rationale.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, and staff and demonstrate collaboration and partnership to the fullest extent possible in execution of your responsibilities.
- Promote the vision and mission of Courtyard to the community and staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and the PTO, participating often in meetings and community events.
- Serve as Acting Principal/CEO in his/her absence.
- Establish and implement effective marketing and social media programs primarily aimed at recruitment and retention of students.
- Develop annual enrollment and other goals with the Principal/CEO and prepare regular reports on marketing activities.
- Propose an annual budget for marketing; manage and track marketing expenditures.
- Engage volunteers and other resources as appropriate to enhance marketing programs.
- Finance/Budget: Under the direction of the Principal/CEO, assist to develop and administer an annual budget. Work with Finance Committee and financial service providers to review, monitor and report on school finances. Develop strategies for financial sustainability and accountability.
- Facilities and grounds: Direct operation and management of school buildings and facilities. Supervise school custodian. Develop near-term and long-term goals to maintain and improve school facilities and grounds.
- Customer service and enrollment management. Supervise office manager. Develop near-term and long-term goals to ensure excellence in customer service and efficiency in front office operations. Ensure enrollment processes are administered efficiently. Propose improvements and develop regular reports and communication tools.
- Food service. Supervise the school Chef. Collaborate with Chef on best practice food program and long-term plans to sustain the program.
- Serve as direct supervisor for the Front Office Manager, Chef, Custodian and occasional part-time staff or consultants who provide support to these functions.
- Address personnel considerations in a fair, firm, and equitable manner.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.