Website 350 Sacramento
Description, Compensation and Benefits:350 Sacramento seeks a Development Director to support our mission by overseeing our fundraising operations. The Development Director will work in concert with our Fundraising Team as well as other volunteers and staff in order to increase 350 Sacramento’s financial sustainability through donor cultivation and retention, business partnerships and events. The Manager will also oversee the organization’s grants administration and other activities that contribute to the financial viability and overall sustainability of the organization.
Job Type: VOLUNTEER. Est. 5-10 hours per week commitment. Potential, through successful development efforts, to become a paid part-time position.
The Development Director will:
- Support the President and Board of Directors in creating and implementing an organizational development plan with goals, strategies and action steps to secure funding
- Develop and manage a donor cultivation and stewardship program
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual, business and foundation partners
- Support staff and volunteers with grant administration including grant reporting and budget tracking
- Train and manage our Fundraising Team, working with staff and volunteers to plan fundraising events
- Oversee donor database, ensuring accurate and complete donor records
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed and able
- Work with staff to recruit, train, organize and inspire volunteers for fundraising activities and facilitate fundraising across multiple volunteer-led teams
- Demonstrated interest in social justice and commitment to the 350 Sacramento mission and vision
- Strong organization and project management skills, with the ability to plan effectively, meet deadlines, and coordinate others’ involvement within a dynamic and fast-paced setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong computer skills including ability to learn new software & technology platforms with training
- Resourceful, flexible and self-motivated
- Positive, creative attitude; strong interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism
- Ability to work efficiently and meet defined deadlines
- Comfortable making cold calls and soliciting financial support from potential donors
- Culturally competent and responsive with an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and communities
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Experience/Qualifications:
- Fundraising and development experience a plus; equivalent course/educational experience acceptable, with a strong track record managing fundraising activities to successfully meet targets and deadlines
- Demonstrated dedication to managing growth and expansion of the organization’s long-term development activities
- Genuine interest in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors
- Proven success with donor cultivation
- Proficiency in web content management, social media, e-marketing tools
- Experience in grant writing and reporting procedures and requirement
- Familiarity with the local philanthropic community
Application Instructions:If interested in the position, please email [email protected] with the subject line: Development director , and include a resume or short statement of your qualifications, and a description of why you want to work with 350 Sacramento. Priority deadline for applications is April 20, but the position will remain open until filled.
If you have suggestions for us, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.