Website Developmental Disabilities Service Organization (DDSO)
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Under the direct supervision of the EPlus Program Director, the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for fostering the outcomes of clients' selected goals and objectives by developing, coordinating, evaluating, and daily implementation of training strategies so clients can meet their chosen goals.
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is primarily responsible for implementing clients' exercise goals and objectives by utilizing designed training strategies. The DSP will support each individual's efforts to make informed and responsible choices, take action upon those choices, become participating members of the community, and enhance the quality of their lives. Areas of skill training can include but not be limited to the following areas: community living; self-advocacy; personal growth; home living; employment; volunteering; and the arts.
Schedule: Part-time or Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the implementation of clients' Individual Service Plans (ISP).
- Provides daily training to clients in the most natural environment that meets their objective.
- Maintains the safety and well being of clients.
- Collects and summarizes data on clients' progress toward selected goals and objectives.
- Maintains a consistent and structured teaching environment.
- Provides input to the Program Director regarding skill training requirements, client requests, instructional materials, and other policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements individual client objectives in accordance with client's person-centered plan (PCP) and guidelines as set forth by California Department of Developmental Services and DDSO.
- Assists in the daily scheduling of clients' community training or on-site-support training.
- Conducts or attends individual ISP and PCP meetings as directed by the Program Director.
- Maintains contact with clients' homes and maintain continuity between program service training and home environment.
- Makes contacts with community resources and develop opportunities for clients to be participating members of the community.
- Acts as the liaison between staff and client employers and/or volunteer coordinators.
- Able to get along with others (includes co-workers, vendors, supervisors, clients, etc)
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $13.80 per hour
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Job Expectations:
- Create and maintain skill training that promotes learning, addresses clients' expressed needs, and respects the health, safety, dignity, and rights of clients.
- Adhere to the training principles of person-centered planning and positive programming.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with clients, other staff members, parents, careproviders, other agencies within the system, and the general public.
- Maintain records accurately and carry out necessary written assignments.
- Be willing to participate in professional growth activities, i.e. seminars, workshops, as assigned by Program Director.
- Must be well-versed in video production/filmmaking.
- Experience in a human services delivery system, preferred.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license and an approved driving record as stated in the DDSO Personnel Policies, and meet DDSO standards for personal auto insurance coverage when using own vehicle.
- Must be able to meet the following standards established by the Department of Social Services -
- Community Care Licensing Division: be in good physical health verified by a health screening report (including a test for tuberculosis); criminal record clearance; be at least 18 years old.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified.
Application Instructions:If you meet the qualifications described herein, please attach your resume/cover letter, and complete the questionnaire using the link provided:
If you experience any difficulty applying for this position, please email [email protected] with "Direct Support Professional - EPlus" in the subject line.