Website California State Railroad Museum Foundation (CSRMF)
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Events and Marketing, the CSRMF Events & Programs Coordinator works closely with Foundation Staff, Museum Docents, Sacramento Southern Railroad Volunteers and State Parks Staff to assist in the smooth and successful planning and execution of a wide range of development and revenue producing events. Additionally, the Events Coordinator will execute day-to-day social media campaigns for assigned events. The reporting location is 106 K Street, Suite 200 in Old Sacramento and complimentary daily parking is available directly behind the California State Railroad Museum.
Types of events included within the portfolio of the Events Coordinator include:
- Membership and Volunteer Appreciation
- Fundraising Opportunities in the Museum and with the Sacramento Southern Railroad
- Themed Excursion Trains (Spookomotive and Farm to Fork Trains)
- The Polar Express™ excursion train ride. This large month-long event occurs during the holiday season in Old Sacramento and is the number one fundraising event for the Foundation.
- Other events and industry conference coordination as needed.
- Assist with ticketing operations, including event setup, sales, and reconciliation.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and boots on the ground execution of all CSRMF events including Spookomotive and Polar Express™.
- Assist with the development of rentals and charter operations.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers.
- Keeping event documentation current.
- Assist with social media creation and posting relating to events.
- Strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated success working with volunteers and large teams.
- Clear and crisp communication both verbally and in writing via various communication mediums.
- Understand, appreciate, and thrive in a team environment.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Have 2+ years of event management/ coordination experience in a non- profit or entertainment-based organization.
- Experience in theatrical production as a stage manager or designer is highly desirable.
- Be able to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs.
- Possess strong computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with DonorPerfect, Constant Contact, eTix box office system, and website CMS is a plus.
- Possess an understanding of social media use and marketing.
- Willingness to take ownership.
- Personal determination and grit.
- A keen sense of humor.
- Extreme schedule flexibility including nights, weekends, and holidays. Overtime may be required depending on Foundation needs.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to sit at a desk performing typical office tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to climb on and off railroad equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in hot and cold conditions.
- Ability to lift 25lbs repeatedly.
This hourly full-time benefited position is budgeted at $24/hr. Benefits package includes free parking, three weeks of paid vacation, 90% coverage of medical insurance, and full coverage of vision and dental insurance.
Application Instructions:For full consideration, please send a resume outlining your experience and education, and a cover letter explaining your interest and desire to work for the Foundation to Tim Schroepfer, Director of Events and Marketing at [email protected] with the subject line Events Coordinator Application. Review of applications will begin on August 1st. Interviews of selected candidates is scheduled for August 9th & 10th. No phone calls please.
The California State Railroad Museum Foundation supports a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that a diverse team makes us stronger. Non-traditional applicants are encouraged to apply.