Website California Farm Labor Contractor Association
Description, Compensation and Benefits:CFLCA is a successful mid-size, non-profit membership association. Our services to the farm labor contractor community are focused on educational programs, advocacy, and service to the community. The executive director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we operate efficiently and effectively to meet organizational goals. The executive director is the face of our organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, staff, membership, regulatory and legislative representatives, and others stakeholders. The executive director ensures that staff member activities are aligned with the organization’s mission and vision as all work together to achieve strategic objectives. The organization has a close-knit culture in which we place a high priority on communication, recognition and collaboration. The Executive Director provides key leadership in the areas of sustainability planning, revenue generation, community outreach, and partnership development.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic plans to meet organizational goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Recruit and develop a team of senior leaders to manage critical organizational functions
- Coordinate and manage annual budget development and reviewl
- Ensure CFLCA’s commitment to and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Create a culture of transparency, collaboration, and communication.
- Promote Board development, ensure Board and committees are organized and funded
- Ensure that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including members, sponsors, related organizations, and government agencies.
- Proactively address challenges in stakeholder environment to protect business needs
- Inform Board of Directors of internal organization matters, including staffing, funding, and program success and priorities.
Salary range for this position is $90,000 to $125,000 per year, depending on experience and performance.
Includes robust health insurance, 90% of premium coverage for employee, and optional 50% premium coverage for spouse or dependents.
401K Plan with Employer Match:
CFLCA offers a 401K plan with 4% employer match.
Vacation Time/Paid Holidays:
Paid major holidays include: New Year’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Paid vacation from two to four weeks per year, based on years of service or experience. Two weeks, years one through three of service; three weeks four to five years of service; four weeks after five years of service.
Meal & Travel Allowances:
This position requires travel to hosted programs, seminars, board meetings, meetings with members and sponsors. Air and ground travel, overnight accommodations, and reasonable meal and member entertainment expenses are reimbursed or charged to the Association credit card.
Remote Office tools:
CFLCA will provide or reimburse for all home-office work tools and equipment needed to conduct CFLCA business. This includes laptops, printers, cellphone, and programs necessary for safe, effective work processes.The equipment is the property of CFLCA, and CFLCA retains the right to monitor the use of such equipment.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- (4) years of professional experience in strategic business development and implementation; with at least one (1) year of experience supervising staff.
- Deep understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Policy and agriculture background, strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), strongly preferred