Website Fairytale Town
Description, Compensation and Benefits:The Facilities & Maintenance Worker reports to the Grounds Manager and is responsible for planning and organizing maintenance projects that include but are not limited to plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. The Facilities & Maintenance Worker also assists the other Grounds Staff with maintaining and caring for the buildings and grounds.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair of the facility’s appliances, electrical systems, plumbing, buildings, grounds, equipment and related facilities.
- Ensure park meets safety and security regulations, including inspecting for and repairing perimeter breaches and play sets, identifying potential safety hazards in facility and ensuring problems are fixed immediately.
- General park maintenance including:
- Upkeep existing gardens: weed, cultivate, plant, fertilize, and irrigate lawns and gardens.
- Mow, aerate, and edge lawn areas using power and hand tools. Rake, sweep and vacuum leaves, lawn clippings, and debris. Prune and trim hedges, bushes and other shrubbery.
- Repair and maintain sprinkler system and drip system.
- Clean and maintain public facilities as needed.
- Conform to maintenance budgets, make recommendations to Grounds Manager.
- Maintain Agriculture Certifications, MSDS Logs and other reports.
- Work with City Public Works Department and contractors on grounds projects as needed.
- Lead and work with volunteers on facilities and grounds projects.
- Assist with care and feeding of barnyard animals.
- Create and design renovation and new projects as needed.
- Respond to guest suggestions and/or complaints regarding the safety or the facility and its attractions.
- Install and repair theatre stage lighting and equipment
- Inspect facilities regularly to determine potential safety hazards and necessary maintenance.
- Perform a variety of skilled work including painting, plumbing and carpentry on various equipment and scheduling resources and completing work as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- 5 years professional experience in facilities maintenance including electrical, carpentry and plumbing.
- Work with a minimum of supervision.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions and communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Project management
- Be a team player.
- First aid certified.
- Knowledge of safety practices.
- Clean DMV record.
- Experience in construction or related field
- Knowledge of local and state building codes
- Ability to read blueprints and create structural and landscape drawings.
- Possession of a valid California driver license and reliable transportation with proof of insurance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to work around and in close contact with animals daily.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Contractor’s License or construction-related degree preferred.