Website Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Girl Scouts Heart of Central California (GSHCC) is currently seeking an experienced Event Specialist to manage our girl program and fundraising events. The Event Specialist will have the responsibility of managing all events for the organization and oversees all aspects of event planning, management and implementation. GSHCC’s events occur in the Council’s two regional program centers, the Council’s properties and community partner locations.
GSHCC is seeking someone who is extremely organized and able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Event Specialist include meeting with internal departments to determine event goals, event details, planning with the department, finding and booking locations, catering details, and identifying staffing requirements.
GSHCC offers a comprehensive benefits plan, medical, dental, vision and 403(b). We offer 3 weeks off a year, including a Winter Break where the office closes for a full week!
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Job Duties:
- Coordinate event logistics for all identified GSHCC events in support of Council-wide strategies and initiatives
- Responsible for providing recommendations, expert knowledge and experience in the strategic planning process for assigned events
- Negotiate contracts with service providers and suppliers, meeting space and food vendors
- Develop and maintain event budgets
- Prepare and maintain event planning documents; including checklists, on-site schedules, project timelines, meeting notes, and budget spreadsheets
- Organize and manage registration of event participants, including registration set-up
- Manage and oversee day of event logistics, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and coordinating take-down/close of event
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Marketing or a related field
- 4+ years’ event management experience, certification in event management a plus
- Proven track record of identifying and maximizing event opportunities
- Previous experience managing an event budget and successfully staying within limits
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision to meet organizational goals
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Application Instructions:For more information and to apply, visit our Careers page at girlscoutshcc.org/careers TODAY!
About the Organization:We’re rooted in tradition. For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has been building girls of courage, confidence and character, and we aspire to ensure girls continue to thrive for generations to come. As part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, you’ll discover the world around you, connect with others, and take action to make the world a better place.
Throughout the nation, Girl Scouts has 112 regional councils—we’re 2 million girl members strong—Girl Scouts Heart of Central California (GSHCC) serves more than 18,000 girls who live by the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Whether you’ve joined a troop or registered as a Juliette, please know that we are here to ensure that you have an amazing Girl Scout experience.