Website Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
Description, Compensation and Benefits:A key leader within the Girl Experience department, the Girl Experience Manager for Delivery & Support positively impacts overall membership retention and recruitment through market-driven program innovation. Relationship-driven and results-oriented, this position will collaborate both internally and externally to maximize capacity for program delivery. Position is responsible for managing, coaching and evaluating the specialist staff within the department. The individual in this position is responsible for providing leadership across the organization and for the execution of all administrative tasks associated with the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage GSHCC direct deliver team to expand the Council’s programmatic reach by building, delivering, and maintaining programs to support the mission of Girl Scouts and GSHCC through program delivery for currently and prospective Girl Scout members, volunteers, and member families
- Oversee collaborative work with regional staff teams to assess need for programs in the council’s 18 counties, focusing on program development and market growth
- Ensure all program offerings are developed in keeping with Girl Scouts Safety Activity Checkpoints, GSHCC policies, human relations, sensitive issues, and other guidelines, and that participation is program events is inclusive and representative of all jurisdictions within the council
- Serve as subject matter expert on Girl Scout programming and ensure consistent customer experience across all programs
- Develop curriculum, resources, and training which simplify and support the volunteer experience Monitor program participation and spending, maintaining departmental budget
- Inspire and support the direct delivery & support team, providing clear direction, consistent accountabilities, and ongoing coaching resulting in a high functioning team
- Coordinate supplemental staff to increase capacity of direct delivery team
- Ensure council awareness of national, opportunities and initiatives in STEM, outdoors, life skills and entrepreneurship
- Develop content and increase utilization of online council-wide activities resources
- With leadership, regularly assess program evaluations and GSRI findings to deliver customer-driven experiences; analyze enrollment trends and implement market-driven adaptations, executing adjustments to plans as needed
- Contribute to the development of the council’s plan of work, budget, and strategy as a member of GSHCC leadership team
- With support from leadership develop budget and implement long and short range plans for department operations
- Identify, develop, and fulfill grant funded initiatives and sponsorships in support of fund development
- Serve as a positive role model in support of organizational strategy and objectives; and grow leadership capacity of organization
- Collaborate effectively with all GSHCC departments to promote program delivery and support
- Provide direct service when necessary including evening, weekend and overnight opportunities
Qualifications and Job Requirements:QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- At least 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in volunteer coordination, customer service, personnel management, youth programming, and/or risk management
- Knowledge of organizational and department policies and procedures and the ability to ensure that current policies and procedures are followed
- Able to manage up, engaging other staff and organizational stakeholders when solving problems and/or making decisions
- Ability to manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff, vendors and girl members
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changes that may need to be made to programs, locations, or other aspects of plan of work
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to communicate clearly in one-on-one or group situations and represent GSHCC publicly
- Must have access to reliable transportation; position may include some work-related travel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, evenings and overnight events as needed and travel as required
- Ability and willingness to drive Mobile STEM Center + Maker Space
- Willingness to acquire and maintain relevant certifications, including but not limited to: First Aid/CPR
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a customer relationship management system such as Salesforce
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- Believe in the aims and purpose of the Girl Scout movement and be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law and in the purpose of Girl Scouting
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Available for council-required events (i.e. Annual Meeting, Mega-drop, etc)
- Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
I am committed to quality.
I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency. I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.
Application Instructions:Please apply using the following link: