Website Meals on Wheels Yolo County
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Hours: Exempt, Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm (8 hours a day, 40 hours/week)
Benefits: Paid vacation, paid sick leave, 10 paid holidays/year
Medical/dental/vision/life insurance (100% paid by employer, subject to change)
Compensation: $55,000-$61,000, DOE
Reports To: Executive Director
(30%) PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
- Ongoing oversight, training, and supervision of managers and site staff at 4 site locations. Maintain regular communication for site needs, protocol changes, and incidents. Annual performance evaluations for 4 direct reports. Substituting in-person as needed.
- Complete regular site visits and monitoring, ensuring all protocols are completed and followed.
- Site coordination – ensuring access to facilities, equipment maintenance, health inspection findings.
- Assist in the congregate meal program, providing oversight and help with participants.
- Coordinate and run regular site manager meetings – create agendas and produce statistics that demonstrate program outcomes and areas of improvement.
- Assist and coordinate emergency procedures and implementation of disaster plans.
- Help to identify program needs and make recommendations to Executive Director.
- Manage hiring of employees – posting open positions, interviewing, background checks, completing on-boarding paperwork, providing benefits information, coordinating required trainings and certifications; employee separation.
- Working with payroll company on payroll, timesheets, time off accruals, pay increases, etc.
- Create, update, and ensure completion of all employee paperwork and forms, including employee handbooks, latest labor laws, and general memos to staff of organizational changes.
- Coordinate organizational insurance: workers compensation, unemployment, employee benefits.
- Assist in staff performance evaluations, incident reports, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain and manage employee personnel files/timesheets, needed paperwork, and archives.
- Identify volunteer need per location to fill ongoing needs for each of the four sites served.
- Volunteer recruitment through in-person and online services and contacting new volunteers.
- Complete volunteer presentations, trainings, and events (virtual and in-person). Ensure training and volunteer material is thorough, completed, and kept up-to-date.
- Process all volunteers through main office, completing background checks, and managing paperwork.
- Ongoing oversight of all volunteers, including site assignments and needs of individuals and groups.
- Coordinate and assist in volunteer recognition activities (items/shirts/holiday events).
- Assist in special volunteer opportunities and providing letters of hours recorded as needed.
- Research, writing, application/acquisition, partnerships, and management of grants and fundraising, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Complete ongoing quarterly, annual, and as-needed grant reporting. Assist in audits and monitoring visits from grant providers.
- Contribute to ideas for grant spending, tracking of purchases, gathering receipts, gathering data, coordinating reimbursements, and identifying success stories.
- Maintain an ongoing grant calendar and monitor opportunities and deadlines.
- Updating the website: logos, upcoming menus, pop-ups, and working with website provider.
- Participating and helping with community events and nonprofits: Big Day of Giving, senior resource fairs, health fairs, Friends of Meals on Wheels events, and other Meals on Wheels programs.
- Assist in creation of marketing material: flyers, images/photos for social media.
- Monthly Deputy Director activity report to Meals on Wheels Yolo County Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three to five years full-time, successful, paid work experience in non-profit management and fundraising – with major experience in grants: including research, writing, acquisition, management, reporting and billing is required; Demonstrated experience in writing both governmental and private foundation grants is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with colleagues, volunteers, clients and community at every level is required.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, manage a budget, and more.
- Ability to be an active participant as part of the senior leadership team in proposing ideas, brainstorming projects and solutions and working as part of the team on implementation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill with online systems and services.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with emphasis in the area of non-profit management, public administration, business administration, social work, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with seniors and volunteers or in a food preparation/delivery environment would be a plus, but not required.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Ability to work under general direction and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people/community entities.
- Must possess a current California Driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s record without major violations (current DMV printout required).
- Must possess current proof of auto insurance.
- Must possess a clean criminal history without felony convictions (we pay for the background check).
- CA food handler’s card or ServSafe certification are a plus, but not required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Respond by email with cover letter and CV to Executive Director, Christi Skibbins, at: [email protected].
- We will reach out to qualified applicants to set up an initial phone interview.
- Those moving up from phone interview stage will be contacted for a Zoom interview.
- Final candidates (2 -4) will be scheduled for an in-person tour and face-to-face interview.