My Sister's House
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Summary The Finance Officer is hired by the Executive Director and is directly accountable to the Executive Director of My Sister’s House. The Finance Officer provides support to ensure the successful operation of My Sister’s House.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all accounting tasks including accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank deposits, journal entries and month-end and year-end accruals.
- Manages and processes semi-monthly payroll.
- Performs monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Processes corporate insurance documents.
- Manages Human Resource (HR) process. Performs new hire orientation and processes new hire paperwork.
- Processes other HR paperwork.
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepares annual 1099’s, quarterly sales tax returns and annual property tax returns.
- Coordinates with outside CPA firm for annual audit and tax returns.
- Assists Executive Officer with grant reporting and grant budgets
- Prepares organization budget.
- Assists in providing financial information and other financial support to programs and special projects as requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Business or accounting bachelor’s degree and 2 years accounting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated QuickBooks proficiency, MS Word, and Excel.
- Nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated team player with good communication skills.
- Ability to set timelines and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through.
- Excellent attention to details.
- A strong commitment to helping women and children in need.