Description, Compensation and Benefits:Organizational Background:
NAMI California is a grass roots organization of families and individuals whose lives have been affected by mental illness. We advocate for lives of quality and respect, without discrimination and stigma, for all our constituents. We provide leadership in advocacy, legislation, policy development, education and support throughout California. NAMI California works to provide help, hope and healing for those affected by mental illness.
NAMI California strives to be inclusive of every sector of the demographics in California, reaches out and engages all communities from all walks of life, and embraces the fundamental belief that all aspects of its structure, governance, and operation should reflect the diversity of the communities being served and strive to become and remain culturally and linguistically competent.
Executive Administrative Assistant supports our executives in a timely and professional manner. Provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level executives. The Executive Administrative Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, assisting with board communications and organizing daily calendars.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with Board members.
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members and board of directors.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Prepares executives for meetings by researching and developing background information.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Supports board of directors with meeting schedules, committee reports, minutes, communication, agendas, etc.
- Arrange corporate events to take place outside of the work place, such as Board of Director meetings, Conference, and staff appreciation events
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently and meet specified deadlines
- Good listener who can follow directions well
- Punctual, reliable and a dedicated team member
- Determine priorities and uses time effectively
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to handle confidential materials
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Highly organized and resourceful, excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage time well to accomplish all key tasks and deadlines
- Minimum of 4 years working as an Executive Assistant
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong background working with Outlook, Excel, Word and Access
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Knowledge of spelling, punctuation and business English
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as managing files and records, creating forms and other office procedures and office terminology
- Experience creating and maintaining databases in Excel and/or Access.
- Clear and efficient communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively with people of a diverse background
$19.00 - $21.00 per hour plus benefits
Application Instructions:If you meet the qualifications, please submit your resume and complete our questionnaire using the link provided:
No phone calls or personal visits will be accommodated without an appointment. Staffing and recruiting agency please do not respond.