Website California State Railroad Museum Foundation (CSRMF)
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Overview of the Position:
Reporting to the Office Manager, the CSRMF Office Assistants work closely with Foundation Staff, Museum Docents, Sacramento Southern Railroad Volunteers and State Parks Staff to assist in a wide range of office, membership, and development support functions. The reporting location is 106 K Street, Suite 200 in Old Sacramento and complimentary daily parking is available directly behind the California State Railroad Museum.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Provide member, donor, and public support by answer phones and responding to email inquiries.
- Sell memberships and train tickets.
- Enter and keep accurate membership and donor records in donor database.
- Compile data and reports.
- Provide boots on the ground support of all office enterprises and events.
- Prepare membership and donor acknowledgements and renewal reminders.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Clear and crisp communication both verbally and in writing via various communication mediums.
- Understand, appreciate, and thrive in a team environment.
- Be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet
- current needs.
- Possess strong computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite is required. Experience with DonorPerfect or another donor database is a plus.
- Willingness to take ownership.
- Personal determination and grit.
- A keen sense of humor.
- Schedule flexibility including weekends.
- Ability to sit at a desk performing typical office tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to climb on and off railroad equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in hot and cold conditions.
These benefit eligible positions are budgeted at 24-30 hours per week with a starting hourly wage of $16/hr. Benefits package includes free parking, paid vacation, 75% coverage of medical insurance, and full coverage of vision and dental insurance. These positions offer flexible schedules. Occasional overtime may be available depending on Foundation needs.
Application Instructions:For full consideration, please send a resume outlining your experience and education, and a cover letter explaining your interest and desire to work for the Foundation to Belen Koch, Office Manager at [email protected] with the subject line Office Assistant Application. Review of applications will begin on August 1st. Interviews of selected candidates is scheduled for August 9th & 10th. No phone calls please.
The California State Railroad Museum Foundation supports a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that a diverse team makes us stronger. Non-traditional applicants are encouraged to apply.