Website Opening Doors Inc.
Description, Compensation and Benefits:
- POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Associate
- SUPERVISED BY: Communications and Development Manager
- CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, full time
- REVISION DATE: June 2019
- SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Communications and Development Manager, the Community Engagement Associate will be responsible for managing and implementing agency’s engagement strategy to mobilize community members as donors, interns, volunteers, advocates, and partners. Promote Opening Doors’ culture, building effective relationships both inside and outside the organization that will inspire others to take action.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned in the sole discretion of the organization:
- Support organization in partnering with entities including but not limited to community-based organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and other stakeholders to identify new outreach opportunities and community partnerships
- Work with program managers to coordinate attendance of outreach activities and speaking engagements
- Maintain agency’s community outreach calendar and represent Opening Doors at community outreach opportunities
- Raise profile of Opening Doors in Sacramento area
- Serve as a liaison between the agency and donors, faith-based groups and community members
Volunteer and Donation Coordination:
- Oversee all aspects of volunteer recruitment and solicitation of in-kind donation
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit and retain qualified volunteers/interns with the appropriate abilities and aptitudes
- Maintain system for tracking volunteer hours, in-kind contributions, and outreach activity outcomes
- Recruit, train, and deploy volunteers and interns in compliance with organization’s procedures
- Implement volunteer programming and train staff to work effectively as volunteer/intern supervisor
- Periodically request in-kind donations from supporters and volunteers, and manage distribution of donations to clients
- Cultivates relationships with individual, corporate, and community donors for the solicitation of in-kind goods
- Maintain storage of in-kind donations in offsite storage facility
- Ensure accurate tracking of in-kind donations and volunteer hours in donor database
- Utilizing donor database to develop monthly reports of volunteer hours and donations received
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position unless doing so would impose an undue burden on the organization.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Experience in volunteer coordination or nonprofit community engagement
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Passionate about organization’s mission
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with current and prospective donors and volunteers, partner agencies, multi-cultural clients and colleagues on all levels
- Excellent public speaking skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, donors, prospective supporters, and the general public.
- Strong organizational skills in a complex, multi-tasking environment and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience developing and providing orientations and trainings.
Application Instructions:How to Apply: Candidates should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Include “Community Engagement Associate – [Your name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Opening Doors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees, applicants and any third parties, for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Opening Doors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination laws.
- Opening Doors participates in E-Verify.