Website PRIDE Industries
Description, Compensation and Benefits:POSITION SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision, the Human Resources Manager provides generalist human resources support for employees and managers of assigned worksite(s). Employees in this job class are responsible for providing support in the areas of employee relations, recruiting, benefits / leaves of absences, training and related human resources projects. This job class requires knowledge of company policies/procedures, federal and state employment laws and the ability to make sound decisions relating to all aspects of human resources management.
- *Provides one on one or group training to managers and supervisors on various types of topics including leadership, corrective discipline, labor relations, employee coaching, recruiting, making appropriate accommodations for employees with disabilities, etc.
- *Investigates and responds to state employee rights agencies and EEOC complaints, union grievances, etc.
- *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
- *Provides employee relations support by maintaining contact, ensuring availability to employees, providing conflict resolution, and being proactive and responsive to employee concerns. Investigates employee complaints regarding work place issues including sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.
- *In coordination with corporate Human Resources, oversees site(s) benefits administration to include open enrollment, distribution of benefits materials, and providing explanations regarding benefits to employees, and responding to their questions.
- *Ensures compliance of employment laws to include ADA, equal employment, leaves of absence, wage and hour, labor laws, Service Contract Act, etc.
- *Conducts or supervises New Employee Orientation, and other employee training.
- *Ensures data entry of new and existing employees into the HRIS is completed according to established procedures. Ensures appropriate applicant data is entered into on-line recruiting system.
- *Schedules and prioritizes tasks for department. Ensures adherence to policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors.
- *Ensures policies, procedures and compliance are followed for obtaining, screening, and referring qualified applicants with and without disabilities to site managers for consideration to fill posted positions. Mentors managers on hiring/interview practices to ensure legal compliance.
- *Oversees recruiting process; recruiting files maintain documentation for all open and closed positions, offer and denial letters, and related recruiting documentation.
- *Administer and oversee various Human Resources projects (Annual Performance Reviews/LSMP, Employee Satisfaction Survey, Employee Recognition Programs etc.).
- *Administers FMLA/LOA process, including determining eligibility, calculating payments, and corresponding with managers and employees.
- *May provide or refer employee to crisis intervention, counseling, and/or other community resources appropriate for their situation.
- *Assists Safety team to ensure safety training, safety rules and modified duty and return to work programs are being followed. Acts as a resource to Safety team with regard to Human Resources practices and guidelines.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field;
- Minimum of five years of human resources experience including three years in a supervisory role;
- Broad, in-depth human resources knowledge of a variety of employment laws to include equal employment, discrimination/harassment, leaves of absence, wage and hour and labor laws, labor relations; experience with Service Contract Act preferred;
- High degree of computer literacy including basic knowledge of human resources information systems (HRIS), database and presentation software, Internet software, spreadsheet and word processing ability;
- Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers and/or employees;
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public;
- Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
- Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
- Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
- Viewing computer screen/monitor
- Answering phone/making calls
Application Instructions:If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
About the Organization:At PRIDE Industries, we serve many industries, and we need talented people to fill roles in facilities management, custodial and health care services, manufacturing, and global supply chain.
When you join PRIDE Industries, you’ll join a company of collaborators who work hard and give back. We are proud of our rewarding work environment, where people with all skill levels and abilities are invited to put their talents to use and achieve common goals.
Join PRIDE Industries, where you can help us grow our business and fulfill our mission and be the largest creator of jobs for people with disabilities.