Website Sacramen to Food Bank & Family Services
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (found at https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/) to [email protected] for consideration.
No phone calls please.
The Director of Volunteer Services organizes and implements a complete volunteer service program including recruitment, training, coordination and retention of volunteers for mission fulfillment and sustainability of programs and services. He/She will oversee a large volunteer force (+/- 10,000.) and maintain a database documenting their hours of service. This position identifies work throughout the organization that can be accomplished by volunteers, promotes their services and the accomplishment of specific tasks, nurtures ambassadorship by volunteers and their greater connection to the organization.
- Full-time, exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
- SFBFS’ Family Services campus location, with frequent travel to Food Bank Services campus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
Qualifications and Job Requirements:MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent in social science, business, or related fields
- 3+ or more years of volunteer management experience
- Leadership level experience, including 2+ years of supervisory and management experience
- Knowledge of community resource planning
- Prior experience working with large volunteer base
- Basic principles of volunteer management in a nonprofit setting
- Database/data management system
- Maintain all volunteer activities including recruit/screen volunteers, volunteer orientation, placement in activities/programs, supervision, retention, recognition
- Maintain, oversee and update volunteer policies and procedures
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the services delivered by volunteers, recommending and implementing improvements as identified and/or necessary
- Maintain the volunteer component of SFBFS’ database to best track and report volunteer statistics per program and organization-wide
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit and retain qualified volunteers with the appropriate abilities and aptitudes to sustain daily operations and to support special events
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
- Supervise the volunteer services and Food Bank reception positions
- Other duties as assigned