Website Sacramento Covered
Description, Compensation and Benefits:
- JOB TITLE: Community Health Worker I
- FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-Time Position
- SALARY RANGE: $18.00 per hour
- BENEFITS: Health Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Clinical supervision for licensure hours is available for eligible candidates.
- Provide support, empowerment, mentorship, education for patients with health challenges, including substance use and mental health issues.
- Work collaboratively with identified agency partners to conduct outreach in the community, focusing on those who are most vulnerable.
- Assist in obtaining health coverage insurance and housing readiness documentation such as ID, social security card and income verification including coordination of transportation to appointments as necessary.
- Work in various environments, including shelters, street outreach, home visits, homeless encampments and community clinics.
- Assist clients in connecting to appropriate housing services and support.
- Maintains clients’ confidentiality and strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Work with internal and external navigators from other agencies to ensure coordinated outreach approach.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive working relationships with mental health programs, shelter programs, police (and other local officials), and providers of services and resources to persons experiencing homelessness.
- Work with team of Health Navigators to confirm health coverage and ensure comprehensive health services, nutrition programs and other community resources.
- Attend team meetings, case conferences, training workshops and community meetings as needed.
- Maintain complete client records, daily activity logs, mileage logs, and other reports as directed. Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with unsheltered individuals experiencing complex health issues is desirable.
- Experience as a health navigator, peer support worker, outreach worker or promotora is desirable.
- Awareness of socio-cultural characteristics of population served by Sacramento Covered.
- Cultural awareness and competency skills.
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including LGBT, individuals experiencing homelessness, and individuals struggling with mental illness and or addiction.
- Exceptional ability to connect and engage with people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Detail oriented, organized and possess time management skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours (morning, afternoon and or evening shifts including weekends as needed).
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently on individual and assigned tasks while exhibiting good judgment.
- Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the client.
- Ability to work as a team member including in co-location settings such as clinics with clinicians and professionals as well as other community organizations.
- Serve as a resource for clients, other navigators and clinical staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills required.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within the County.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background/fingerprint check.
Application Instructions:Please submit the following documents below by email to HR Manager, Lizette Rodriguez at [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- SC Job Application – located here: https://www.sacramentocovered.org/join-our-team/
No phone calls please.
For more information about Sacramento Covered, please visit www.SacramentoCovered.org.