Website Sacramento Covered
Description, Compensation and Benefits:HOURLY WAGE: $15.00. BENEFITS: Health Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). POSITION PURPOSE & SCOPE: Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Health Navigator is responsible for assisting clients navigate and access community services and social supportive resources including ensuring the client has health coverage, coordination of transportation to access their health care, scheduling of appointments and coordinating the referral process between Sacramento-area community health centers/primary care clinics, and social supportive resources. The priority goal for a Health Navigator is to find healthcare homes for uninsured and underinsured clients, where they can receive appropriate levels of care with the desired outcome being improved health for designated patient populations.
- Make face-to-face and telephonic connections and build rapport with clients at designated locations including but not limited to Sacramento Covered’s main office, co-location sites including but not limited to schools, community based organizations, health centers, and hospital departments.
- Assists client to navigate the health care system and connect them to resources that support appropriate utilization of care (transportation, interpreting, legal services) including connecting consumers to primary care physicians and dentists within their selected health plans.
- Serve as liaison between clients and providers to find appropriate care centers and connect with providers.
- Make follow-up calls and monitor progress of clients to ensure positive outcomes, including on successful referrals and reduction in hospital readmission for primary care.
- Educate and link client to primary care physicians and dentists within their selected health plans as well as other resources including CalFresh, WIC, etc.
- Participates in community and business-based outreach efforts to identify uninsured consumers and creates awareness of Sacramento Covered services.
- Enters clients’ data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard according to data collection platform(s) including but not limited to excel spreadsheets and Salesforce.
- Maintains clients’ confidence and protect program by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an Associate Arts Degree is preferred with an emphasis in social services, psychology or any health related field.
- Two years’ experience is preferred in a health care, social service setting including any experience conducting community outreach, case management, interpreting or client-focused services.
- Awareness of socio-cultural characteristics of population served by Sacramento Covered.
- Cultural awareness and competency skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Bilingual in English and needed language (Typically: Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian and Hmong), desired but not required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (morning, afternoon and or evening shifts including weekends as needed).
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within the County.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background/fingerprint check.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently on individual and assigned tasks while exhibiting good judgment.
- Ability to work as a team member including in co-location settings such as clinics with clinicians and professionals as well as other community organizations.
- Provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the client.
- Serve as a resource for clients, other navigators and clinical staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Utilize good judgment and to handle confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy and to work with culturally diverse populations.
Application Instructions:HOW TO APPLY Please submit the following documents below by email to HR Manager, Lizette Rodriguez at [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- SC Job Application – located here: https://www.sacramentocovered.org/join-our-team/