Website SACRAMENTO FINE ARTS CENTER
Description, Compensation and Benefits:The Art Center Attendant is responsible for staffing the Center on Tuesday evenings and providing additional office coverage as needed. The Art Center Attendant reports to Angelia Gordon, Administrative Director.
Hours are Tuesdays 4-9 p.m. and additional hours will be scheduled as needed.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Closing the Center the center on Tuesdays, following appropriate measures to ensure security of the Center at all times.
- Providing office coverage as needed.
- Providing basic information and assistance to visitors.
- Providing support to Center Docents as needed.
- Staffing the Gift Shop, handling sales and receiving payments of cash, credit card, or check. Completing sales receipts and art sale contracts accurately.
- Assist with scheduling of volunteers.
- Performing other administrative duties as assigned and time permits.
- Ability to consistently meet required schedule for opening and closing Center.
- Commitment to customer-oriented service in all interactions with visitors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Art Center staff and volunteers, particularly docents.
- Ability to follow Art Center established policies and procedures as they relate to job responsibilities.
Application Instructions:Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About the Organization:Established April, 1986, jointly by independent art clubs, Sacramento Fine Arts Center is dedicated to the creation and presentation of the visual arts. Our Arts Center is entirely self-supporting and operated by volunteers and a small staff. Its operation is made possible by memberships, contributions, sales, show entry fees, art classes and numerous community fund-raisers.
As an artist or art lover, whether you are an oil or an acrylic painter, a watercolorist, a sculptor or work in mixed media, or you just like to be part of the art scene, membership at Sacramento Fine Arts Center entitles you to become a member of any art club housed at Sacramento Fine Arts Center. Members may enter numerous high quality local and national juried art shows. The art shows are held in our two spacious exhibition galleries. You will meet and make friends with many other artists who have similar goals and will have the opportunity to expand your artistic talents with the guidance of inspirational artist presenters.
Excellent fine art classes in most mediums and a full schedule of workshops put on by top regional artists are offered regularly to members and non-members.
Our Mission is to encourage the creation and presentation of original visual arts, to support the cultural life of the community, and to encourage all artists to fulfill their potential.