Website Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
Description, Compensation and Benefits:POSITION DESCRIPTION
SFBFS is hiring a Food Access Coordinator to oversee our Food for Seniors efforts. Food for Seniors aims to increase the consumption of healthy foods among Sacramento County residents who are 60 years old and older. This position will help lead our community to better health.
Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed (SFBFS’ Food Bank campus location) Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
Qualifications and Job Requirements:The Food Access Coordinator is responsible for the following (including but not limited to):
Oversee program logistics for SFBFS’ Food for Seniors efforts. This includes:
- Maintaining relationships with existing partners and cultivating partnerships with additional community organizations; training partner organizations on program requirements.
- Conducting site visits of distribution locations to ensure products are being distributed safely and according to program requirements.
- Facilitating direct food distributions.
- Overseeing program volunteers and interns.
- Tracking and managing program activities, client data and statistics. Keeping accurate records of program activities and assisting in the completion of reports.
- Represent SFBFS at meetings and presentations, as needed.
- Participate in community outreach events, as needed.
- Assist with other SFBFS programs and activities, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of related work experience in program implementation
- Ability to work with a diverse community, maintaining accurate records and respond to unanticipated events and work independently with limited supervision
- Reliable transportation and a valid California driver’s license and insurance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Food Handler Certification – preferred