Website Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
The Part-Time Receptionist works with the Immigration Legal Services (ILS) team to assist in managing the front desk and answering telephones; including the collection and processing of all client service fees. The Part-Time Receptionist provides support to ILS staff and assists with communications with clients and the preparation of documents for removal of (deportation) defense cases and affirmative immigration applications.
Part-time, non-exempt hourly position; 19.5 hours per week (schedule TBD), with occasional evenings and weekends and holidays
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Under the direction of the Office Administrator, the Part-Time Receptionist will be responsible for:
- Collection and processing of all client service fees: inform clients of fee schedule, fee collection, receipt generation, documentation and reminders of payments due
- Client Communication: manage front desk; answer telephones and schedule appointments, monitor voicemail messages and return client calls or forward calls to appropriate staff, confirm client appointments, keep accurate notes of client communications in database, interview clients to complete forms and draft declarations
- Assisting the Office Administrator as needed with other duties, including: filing, data entry and administrative assistance
- Assisting with group processing and community outreach events
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years’ experience as an assistant or receptionist required (experience in law firm setting preferred)
- Associate’s degree (preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- Ability to communicate with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
- Competency to service clients from a variety of cultures and strong desire to serve the low-income immigrant population
Application Instructions:Applicants must submit resume, two copies of cover letter (one in English and one in Spanish), SFBFS’ employment application (www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment/) to [email protected] for consideration.
No phone calls please.