Website Sacramento Loaves and Fishes
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Sister Nora's Place is a shelter for women with a history of homelessness, trauma and serious mental and physical illness. While emphasizing safety and stability, each resident receives case management, life skills training, mental and physical health support, medication monitoring, and daily support groups with the goal of reestablishing their health, independence and ability to maintain permanent housing.
- Develop and maintain a data base to collect and manage resident and program information.
- Establish access to Sacramento HMIS reporting system, be certified in the use of the VI-SPDAT
- Meet twice monthly (or more) with each resident to document individual case plans to address barriers related to attaining and maintaining more permanent housing
- Collaborate with the Program Director and other Loaves & Fishes programs, including the Development Program with respect to community outreach and fundraising activities
- Collaborate with outside agencies and area providers vital to our residents - including connections to available transitional, and permanent housing options, and other supports
- Establish a social media presence and utilize the platform to expand contacts and support for the program
- Participate in meetings/activities as requested by the Director
- Maintain positive relationships with residents, community partners, other professionals and Loaves & Fishes staff while maintaining strong personal and professional boundaries
Qualifications and Job Requirements:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred but not required) or direct work experience in related field (marketing, social services, mental health, shelter/homeless services)
- Computer Skills: proficiency in use of internet software, Microsoft Office Suite of products, data-entry, and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linked-In, etc), in addition to daily use of email, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Must have knowledge of and commitment to the mission and philosophy of Loaves & Fishes
- Must have good organization, communication, and advanced computer skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Primary work hours will be Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required and provide emergency coverage as needed