Website Sacramento Loaves & Fishes
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Friendship Park, a program of Loaves & Fishes, is a daytime hospitality center for homeless men and women. Friendship Park programs include guest advocacy/outreach, resource information, breakfast, showers, toiletry/hygiene items and survival gear. Staff works collaboratively to provide compassionate and non-judgmental service to all our guests.
This is a full-time position: Monday – Friday, 6:45 am – 2:45 pm
Intake Specialist Job Duties:
- Conduct intake interviews with new and returning guests to support client driven goals and input information into computer database.
- Orientate new guests to Friendship Park and Loaves & Fishes services and programs.
- Provide resource information regarding shelters and community agencies.
- Provide survival gear.
- Provide support, crisis intervention, and referrals for those in immediate crisis.
- Collaborate with all members of the Friendship Park staff to provide hospitable, low-barrier services to guests.
- Train in other Friendship Park jobs in order to fill in as needed.
- Model respectful & hospitable behavior toward volunteers, donors, staff, and guests and represent Friendship Park professionally at all times.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for locker rentals.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Qualities required:
- Desire to work compassionately with the homeless.
- Ability to work with individuals experiencing various levels of crisis including but not limited to homelessness, mental illness, drug/alcohol addiction, domestic violence, etc.
- Willingness and temperament to work in a fast-paced, high energy and unpredictable environment.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with fellow co-workers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience with active listening.
- Familiar with Loaves & Fishes philosophy and mission statement.
Application Instructions:Application requirements:
- Cover letter