Website Sacramento Native American Health Center
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Development Associate will research grant opportunities that match the goals and objectives of the health center. The Development Associate will gather information from various departments and coordinate/write grant proposals for government, state, corporate and foundation funds. They will assist the Development Manager with grant follow-up to determine/monitor grant status and perform analytical work in developing, writing, reviewing and tracking grants. Written works include, but are not limited to, data profiles, research analyses, and progress reports. Outside of grants, the Development Associate will be responsible for helping the Development team meet the strategic goals of the organization by through outreach events, fundraising, and program execution.
This position is full-time, exempt and is fully benefited. SNAHC offers a generous comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- 403b with 3% company match.
- $50,000 in life insurance
- Much more......
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a focus in English, Writing, or Public Health preferred.
- 3+ years successful grant writing experience required with an ability to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Knowledge of research methods and grant administration with knowledge of Federal, State and County contracting requirements.
- Ability to identify and analyze appropriate data as needed for proposals.
- Knowledge of research and application of evidence-based/community based participatory practices into proposals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to use time efficiently to keep commitments while prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner verbally and orally.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software; exposure to and understanding of databases.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Understands and promotes the mission, vision, and values of the health center both in the work place and in the community.
- Maintains compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to the position including; HIPAA, sexual harassment, Scope of Practice, OSHA etc.
- Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with SNAHC policy. Applicants claiming Indian Preference are encouraged to submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Application Instructions:Please visit our employment website below to fill out your application: