Website Sacramento SPCA
Description, Compensation and Benefits:The Sacramento SPCA is searching for a highly organized, results-driven professional to play a key role on our dynamic and growing Development team. The Donor Relations Coordinator will work collaboratively with team members to create digital and direct mail appeals that reach current and prospective donors across multiple platforms. This position will also support the Director of Development and the Development Coordinator in generating funding through grants, including funder identification, writing proposals, and stewardship.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the direct mail program (approximately 20-25 pieces/year), and electronic solicitations (approximately 15 appeals/year) including, but not limited to: drafting appeal concepts and content in partnership with the Development Director and the Marketing & Communications team; advising on list segmentation, acquisition targets, and using the database to identify and track segments;vendor management and correspondence; and creating and managing a direct mail and digital donor solicitation calendar in coordination with the Marketing & Communications team.
- Responsible for conducting full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage major grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources at the $10,000 award level and above including, but not limited to: working with Development Coordinator in research and evaluating prospective funders;communicate with the operations team to develop metrics that are useful to the program as well as interesting to funders; and provide stewardship to current and prospective funders including regular written updates.
- Provide support and assistance for annual fundraising and cultivation events, as well as all donor recognition activities.
- Update constituent records in Raisers Edge to maintain the integrity of the database.
- Proven ability to articulate the story of an organization, its mission and its effectiveness. Adept at crafting compelling and high-quality solicitation letters, funding requests, and donor correspondence.
- Highly organized with a drive to succeed and a willingness to learn.
- Must be a flexible, collaborative, skilled problem-solver and reliable self-starter, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of donor database systems such as Raiser’s Edge and experience with online fundraising platforms.
- Excellent customer service skills, and comfortable with interacting with donors.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and keep secure the private personal and financial information of our donors, volunteers, vendors and fellow staff members.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, such as Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Have a valid California Drivers license and clear driving record for one year prior to employment in order to operate SSPCA vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or related field preferred, or combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Two or more years of experience with non-profit direct mail or direct marketing programs.
- Proven track record in successful proposal writing, securing gift awards in the five figure range.