Website Sacramento Tree Foundation
Description, Compensation and Benefits:POSITION SUMMARY:
The Community Forestry Associate is the first point of contact for the Sacramento Tree Foundation and the Sacramento Shade program. The Community Forestry Associate works to provide informational and courteous communication with the public and promotes Tree Foundation programs by primarily by phone and email, but also occasionally in person. This position works closely with the other members of the Education Department, scheduling Sacramento Shade site-visits and responding to general questions. This is a role for individuals that are task oriented, detail oriented, and want to play an important role within a complex team.
- The Community Forestry Associate is a primary point of contact between the public and the Tree Foundation. As such, this position is expected to represent and promote Tree Foundation programs and mission.
- Provide impeccable customer service to all customers, volunteers, and community members via all forms of communication including phone, e-mail and in person
- Work within Salesforce database to: create new leads, modify information for accuracy, schedule appointments, upload customer forms, create and maintain reports, etc.
- Place and receive phone calls in a courteous, prompt, and professional manner
- Plan, prioritize, schedule appointments and manage the Salesforce calendars of five team members
- Manage tasks for follow-up communications and record management
Outreach, Education & Administration
- Attend events to represent the organization and provide education to the general public – occasionally during weekends and evenings
- Attend trainings, meetings, workshops, etc. as needed – occasionally during evenings and weekends
- Carefully manage daily calendar to meet customer service demand, special projects, and office work
- Write and achieve an annual work plan that will include measurable goals
$35,880 - $37,960 annually.
Benefits package including: health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; employee assistance program.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:JOB REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years of office experience required. Experience with non-profit, mission based organizations preferred.
SKILLS: Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills. Cultural competency and an approach that is appreciative, affirming, and inclusive of all cultural backgrounds. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable with utilizing web-based tools. Candidate should possess flexibility, time management skills, good judgment, be open to learning, and have the ability to work independently and interact with diverse audiences. Class C driver’s license. Experience with Salesforce and Google Earth is a plus. Bi-lingual (Spanish, Hmong, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Russian) is a plus.
TEMPERAMENT/SOFT SKILLS: Must be comfortable working in a mission-based, non-profit environment. The ideal candidate for the position will have a passion for our mission and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Casual office environment
- Both indoor office work and some outdoor work is required for this position. Therefore, Community Forestry Associate may be exposed to extremes in weather including heat, rain, and freezing temperatures as well as extended periods of sitting and standing.
Application Instructions:Send résumé and cover letter as separate documents via email to [email protected]
About the Organization:Sacramento Tree Foundation Mission Statement:
Grow thriving communities through stewardship of our urban forest.