Saint John's Program for Real Change
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Pay rate:
$15 - $17 per hour
Tue-Sat (preferred), evening and holiday work as needed.
Supervised by the Director of Events & Corporate Relations, this is a great opportunity to make an impact and enriches the community atmosphere of Saint John’s Program for Real Change while supporting the Development Team, Families and Volunteers through planning, implementing, and overseeing various activities and public events. The Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator supervises volunteers, provides direction, coordination, and consultation for all volunteer functions that drive Saint John’s community engagement, including the recruitment, training, tracking and management of volunteers for the organization. Volunteers include individuals, businesses, church groups, student groups and other local organizations serving in one-day, short-term, and long-term service capacities. Recruitment includes speaking engagements and the oversight and management of a docent program. Additionally, the Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator will create and cultivate strong volunteer and donor relationships in an effort to show appreciation for existing volunteers and donors as well as attract new supporters.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and executes on-going and pilot programs, including but not limited to annual Saint John’s events, community events, health and wellness partnerships, holiday events, service engagements, supporting Saint John’s volunteer program and other activities.
- Maintains frequent contact with volunteers, staff, community partners and residents about upcoming events and support needs.
- Details volunteer schedules & leads on large projects.
- Greets volunteers, facilitates projects for daily/weekly projects.
- Maintains volunteer contact lists and service hours.
- Works in conjunction with staff regarding venue use and implementation of activities.
- Assists in organizing and hosting one-time events.
- Plans activities with goal of providing maximum physical and emotional wellness of the population served.
- Monitors and documents attendance and satisfaction with offered programs and activities.
- Budgets for and purchases supplies for all activities. Reconciles all purchases against established budget.
- In collaboration with Saint John’s staff, community partners, and volunteers, determines the current needs in regards to activities and how to properly utilize volunteers to adequately cover those needs.
- Supports working with Client Services Coordinators and Program staff to facilitate in-kind donations including coordination, communication, inventory, dinner providers, client & Alumnae needs.
- Helps coordinate and supports client enrichment activities (Knitting, Painting, Bayside, exercise, off-campus).
- Establishes and regularly updates staff on volunteer schedule and events.
- Communicates regularly with volunteers through phone calls, e-mails, and in person and show appreciations for their efforts.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of Volunteer database.
- Works with the Director of Event and Corporate Relations, Director of Development/CEO/COO on the development of the written program model.
- Manages alumnae association events in conjunction with alumnae manager.
- Attends community meetings.
- Provides holiday activity management.
- Speaks on behalf of Saint John’s at community and donor events to ensure that the Saint John’s vision and mission statement are conveyed appropriately and effectively.
- Develops meaningful relationships with donors to keep them invested in the Saint John’s program in both monetary and in kind fashions.
- Any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Communication, related field or equivalent experience in social services and/or outreach, with an emphasis on volunteer management.
- Related experience in event planning or community organizing preferred.
- May direct volunteers or other staff members who are assisting in an activity, but does not supervise any staff or volunteers on an ongoing full-time basis.
- Requires a valid CA driver’s license, with proof of valid auto insurance, ability to drive an automobile.
- TB clearance, and DOJ clearance.