Website Square Root Academy
Description, Compensation and Benefits:POSITION OVERVIEW
Reporting directly to the Development Director, the Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for researching, writing, designing and maintaining social media posts and digital content such as the website and e-newsletters. They are expected to use creativity, problem-solving, and communication skills to maintain a fresh and brand-consistent online presence for the organization.
Compensation: $14.00-$16.00/Hour (DOE)
Commitment: 20+ Hours/Week
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and create strategies, campaigns and posts for all social media platforms as well as other online content including website, e-newsletter, blogs, articles, etc.
- Enhancing presence on our social networks
- Further building organization branding by reflecting the culture through social media
- Manage all social media channels, developing creative content
- Maintain record of engagement and growth
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar
- Maintain website updates and create content for monthly e-newsletters
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with supervisors and appropriate Academy staff
- Coordinate digital presence for special campaigns and event marketing
- Provide support for special events
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organizational goals
Qualifications and Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Management experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Experience with updating web page content (Wix prefered)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent research skills
- Demonstrated photography skills
- Demonstrated copywriting experience
- Demonstrated digital campaign execution
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of social media data analytics and applications
- Ability to work independently and cohesively in a team environment
- Ability to ensure professionalism, integrity, consistency and accuracy in information management and communications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately
- Valid California driver’s license
- Strong personal ethics and alignment with Square Root Academy values
Should you be interested in this position, you will be required to submit your portfolio during the application process.
Application Instructions:To apply, visit: www.squarerootacademy.com
Applicants will be required to submit:
- Cover Letter
- (2) Professional References
- Relevant Social Media Handles
About the Organization:Square Root Academy is a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) based non-profit organization dedicated to educating underrepresented youth on the fundamentals of S.T.E.M. while emphasizing collaborative learning, innovation, and academic excellence.
This goal is executed under our three key pillars: Community involvement, project based learning, and professional S.T.E.M. exposure. We expose Academy scholars to the growing field of S.T.E.M at no cost, while promoting creativity, leadership, and academic excellence.