Website United Way California Capital Region
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Project Objectives
- Administer the expenditure of $4.6 million in County of Sacramento CARES Act funds to support families.
- Provide monetary assistance to Sacramentans whose level of crisis have been amplified by the coronavirus pandemic. This includes those who are isolating due to positive test of COVID-19.
- Work with the 14 identified nonprofits to identify families in need of support.
- Disbursement of Financial Assistance funds to families/individuals designated by the Collab partnership.
- Develop infrastructure for expenditure of funds through partnership with the Family Independence Initiative and provide regular reports on fund status.
- Partner with the Family Independence Initiative to connect families to the UpTogether platform to promote social capital and resilience beyond a one time allocation of funds.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:CARES Community Funding Coordinator Roles & Responsibilities
This is a short-term, contract, position from October 2020 – March 2021 with a total compensation of $25,000.
Reporting to the United Way California Capital Region Director of Impact, the CARES Community Funding Coordinator oversees the day to day administration of this initiative.
- Assist in the development of eligibility criteria for families seeking fund support
- Liaise with the Family Independence Initiative (FII) to create Relief Fund landing page to facilitate easy application process for funds that includes technical support for families and participating nonprofits
- Track relevant data including demographics and use of funds
- Conduct bi-weekly check-ins with 14 nonprofit partners
- Provide monthly reports on fund status
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses understanding and experience of Sacramento non-profits and community-based organizations that support families
- Passion for helping children and families increase quality of life
- Ability to work with diverse workgroups and serve communities with diverse economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to wear many hats and flexibility to adapt to continuous changes; Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- At least (2) years of administrative experience; Must have at least high school diploma or GED; BA/BS degree preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Possession of or ability to obtain an appropriate valid driver's license and insurance