Description, Compensation and Benefits:Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for community engagement activities including philanthropy, communications, and community outreach. Duties include donation data entry and processing thank you letters; preparing and tracking check requests; reconciling department credit card statements, etc.; processing and archiving correspondence; performing regular database maintenance; and preparing monthly reports for donations and marketing activities. The Development Assistant provides support during agency events and requires ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
Data Entry, Maintenance, and Donor Support – 40% of time
- Responsible for data entry, donor acknowledgement letters, and donor stewardship on a daily basis.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of data by updating records, review of duplicate records, documenting mailing preferences and removal of records.
- Contacts recurring donors to update credit card information for recurring gifts.
- Responsible for maintaining required paperwork and documentation for corporate matching gift programs.
- Responsible for participating in training's specific to online databases used by the department and assisting with queries as requested.
- Responsible for scanning donation documentation and attaching it to the donor record and/or storing in appropriate file on department drive.
- Responsible for weekly reconciliation of donations with Finance Department
- Responsible for supporting all agency events including registrations, donations, peer to peer fundraising efforts, coding donations, and weekly reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintaining RSVPs for WEAVE events.
- Responsible for maintaining listing of donation details for event auctions.
- Expected to participate in agency events including stewardship events, fundraising events, etc. including evenings and weekends.
- Serves as department point of contact for Holiday Toy Shoppe donations including unloading donations from donor vehicles, providing tax receipts, etc.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Community Engagement, Individual Giving Manager, Special Events Managers, and Communications Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining receipts and completing monthly reconciliation of department credit cards.
- Responsible for preparing and tracking of department check requests.
- Attend and participate in department meetings;
- Attend and participate in staff and other agency meetings and committees, when necessary;
- Maintain accurate timesheets and other work-related documents;
- Other job duties as assigned;
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Qualifications & Requirements:
- Two year degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field and one year experience in an administrative support role or three years administrative support experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of written communications, data entry, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and comfort in working with a variety of systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and detail oriented mentality
- Valid California Driver’s license, current auto insurance, reliable auto transportation, and satisfactory driving record.
- Hiring requirements include a criminal records background check clearance.
- Knowledge and demonstrated commitment to the WEAVE mission and values.
Work environment is primarily in a busy office setting. Local travel may be required in the set-up and/or attendance of offsite meetings. Continuously perform the following:
Lift and carry 25 lbs; extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist; stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items; climb a ladder to retrieve items from shelves; climb stairs or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or or stand when filing, copying, etc. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to others. Apply normal to above average reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties. Drive a vehicle and run errands as needed.
Application Instructions:To apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.jobs?ApplyToJob=251800911
WEAVE is an EOE and welcomes diverse communities to apply.