Description, Compensation and Benefits:Position Summary: The Director of Community Engagement will lead the agency-wide effort to create the best possible first impression for those wishing to engage with WEAVE as a volunteer, donor, ally, or activist. The initial focus of the position will be to create, implement and drive the vision of our 2020 community activation campaign – When Everyone Acts Violence Ends. The position will work with the Leadership team to develop multiple paths for individuals to meaningfully contribute to our mission by matching their enthusiasm, maximizing passion and inspiring even bigger thinking. Throughout the year, the position will be responsible for systematizing the most effective engagement strategies and sustaining them in future years. The position be responsible for providing leadership to the agency’s Philanthropy Department and working closely with the Prevention & Education Department to ensure consistency in WEAVE’s external communications and messaging while working with direct service programs to lift up success stories and create opportunities for the community to support our lifesaving programs. The position will supervise three direct reports.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for working with staff to develop and execute annual philanthropy plan to meet financial goals and communications plan to align with agency goals and increase engagement.
- Responsible for regular assessment of department goals, procedures, and operations and implementing adjustments to improve performance.
- Responsible for implementing two to three high profile annual special events which currently include Feast for WEAVE, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, and a planned two day conference in August 2020.
- Work with Special Events and Community Relations Manager to engage corporations, foundations, small businesses, individuals, and community leaders through event sponsorship opportunities including developing sponsorship packages, soliciting sponsorships in partnership with board and committee members, and ensuring all benefits are provided.
- Responsible for oversight of staff to ensure event logistics and details are identified, planned for, and executed with a commitment to excellence and “above and beyond” planning.
- Leverage special events as an opportunity to exceed sponsor and participant expectations and to provide additional engagement opportunities.
- Manage annual Development Plan and adjust as need to achieve revenue goals
- Work with Individual Giving Manager to implement comprehensive individual donor program including direct marketing, major donor solicitation, planned giving program, and exemplary donor stewardship.
- Work with board of directors and leadership staff to engage donors in long term commitment to WEAVE’s mission through personal giving and commitment to special campaigns to improve WEAVE facilities, expand operations, and build an endowment for the agency.
- Elevate and expand agency systems for engaging and recognizing individual donors.
- Work with Communications Manager and Prevention & Education Department to develop cohesive external communications strategies and messaging.
- Work with Communications Manager to execute annual Communications plan to articulate WEAVE’s work and create excitement and a call to action for engagement.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Communications Plan and adjust as necessary to achieve goals
- Provide staff input on the WEAVE Retail Advisory Board and support committee members and staff in setting and achieving retail promotions and marketing goals.
- Work with Director of Retail Operations to implement strategies to generate shoppers, donors, and unique engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Director of Retail Operations to expand the Wear It Share It program.
- Provide exceptional support to board members and their role as ambassadors for WEAVE including following up on referrals of potential donors and supporters, coordinating opportunities for board members to engage friends and colleagues in supporting WEAVE, etc.
- Serve as staff support for Fund Development Committee and engage the committee with enthusiasm and willingness to embrace their bold ideas.
- Provide regular updates to board members regarding activities of interest to keep them informed between meetings.
- Coordinate internal conference planning team to ensure successful implementation of WEAVE Conference in August 2020.
- Serve as staff support person for external committees comprised of community experts and leaders.
- Responsible for soliciting sponsorships in support of two day conference and fundraising luncheon.
- Provide leadership for the Team WEAVE volunteer program including overseeing volunteer orientations, WEAVE 101 trainings, engagement opportunities, volunteer recognition, etc. and working closely with Chief Program Officer – Counseling and Outreach to support training and continuing education of direct service volunteers.
- Ensure all volunteer activities are documented appropriately and tracked in agency database.
- Employer paid benefits, 401k with match, 11 holidays, PTO, Life Insurance, LTD
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Business, Human Services or related field and at least five years’ experience in fundraising or community outreach.
- Successful management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- High ethics, initiative, and creativity.
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure while modeling professionalism to staff and volunteers.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the community and others, including a culturally diverse general public, regulatory agencies, special interest groups, internal and external customers, and volunteers.
- Ability to lift supplies up to 25 lbs up to waist height.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance.
- Be willing to complete WEAVE’s Peer Counseling Certification Training Course within six months of hire (next session scheduled for January – March 2020).
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Application Instructions:To Apply: https://secure.onehcm.com/ta/WEAVE.jobs?ApplyToJob=235066887
WEAVE is an E.O.E. and welcomes diverse communities to apply