Website Yolo Crisis Nursery
Description, Compensation and Benefits:Title: Fund Development Manager
Status: Contract or hourly - $34 - $45/hour, 15 – 20 hours/week (with potential for more upon review)
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for independently creating and maintaining communications with institutional (corporate, foundation and government) funders for the solicitation of grant funds and sponsorship for the Yolo Crisis Nursery (YCN). This role implements approved strategies to meet revenue goals of the annual giving program and coordinates and completes grant acknowledgment letters and gift agreements with institutional funders. The Fund Development Manager will analyze giving patterns and levels of the institutional funder data base and work with the Director of Development and Community Relations to develop strategies to upgrade current funders and reactivate lapsed funders. In conjunction with the Director of Development, this position researches and identifies new institutional funders to create a pipeline of grants, gifts and sponsorships that meets annual income goals. This position ensures a service orientation throughout all areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify corporate, foundation and government prospects from grant-making and sponsorship entities in line with the mission and goals of YCN.
- Proactively write and maintain communications, including grant and sponsorship requests, reports and stewardship materials, to institutional funders and prospects.
- Solicit new and ongoing support to meet annual fiscal year income goals.
- Prepare and submit proposals and applications to solicit funds in requested or appropriate format and meet all deadlines.
- Identify and implement strategies to upgrade current funders.
- Identify matching gifts and workplace giving programs.
- Collaborate and participate in decisions regarding messaging to institutional funders.
- Work in collaboration with outside consultant for the Yolo Crisis Nursery capital campaign.
- Manage and ensure best practice in stewardship of institutional funders, including thank you calls and letters from the appropriate Board and/or staff member, invitations to donor and special events, and meetings with targeted Board and staff members.
- Manage, review and respond to questions, comments and requests by current and prospective funders.
- Manage the acknowledgment process for institutional grants/gifts, engaging the President of the Board, Director of Development, and related staff and trustees as appropriate.
- Compose and send acknowledgment letters and grant agreements to institutional funders and maintain records of acknowledgment activity within donor database.
- Identify current and prospective funders to tour YCN facility and work with staff and Board to extend invitations as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Director of Development and others to prepare the institutional funder program budget, project revenues and expenses, analyze program progress against goal, adjusting as necessary.
- Maintain and update donor database with all pertinent institutional funder information and communications and create a timeline of deadlines for requests and reports.
- Ensure timely completion of institutional funder data entry, grant/gift entry, and funder inquiries.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information and materials associated with the Board of Trustees and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Commensurate knowledge of and demonstrated experience in development programs. Strong understanding of the role of Institutional grants/gifts and sponsorships, including an understanding of typical functions and aspects.
- At least three years related work experience, showing increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent research and grant writing skills to identify and strategically develop and procure successful grants and sponsorships to meet income goals.
- Excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present professionally to corporations, foundations and government funders, the public, and partner organizations.
- Expertise in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for institutional funders.
- Expertise with donor database platforms, maintenance.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Passionate about the mission of the Yolo Crisis Nursery.
- Endeavors at all times to achieve cost-effective, efficient work
- Collaborative in finding solutions, achieving quality work, and delivering outcomes and materials on time.
- Integrity in dealing with colleagues, executing work in support of the mission, protecting confidential information and discretion in all matters.
- Sensitive to and respectful of YCN clients’ concerns and needs.
- Capable of operating in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Application Instructions:How to Apply?
Please send a current resume with cover letter describing your interest to:
Secretary, Board of Directors
[email protected] No calls please